This is a list of the user-centered ideation, evaluation and redesign methods I’ve used in the past. (Links point to examples from my portfolio. Please email me if you hit a password wall.)
- Design Thinking, customer empathy workshops and storytelling
- Generative design research (grad school example)
- Ethnographic interviews and contextual inquiry
- Participatory co-design
- Collaging as user prompt
- Remote and in-Lab user research (live site baselines, Listening Labs, paper and interactive prototypes, mobile, etc.)
- Task-based usability testing
- Task and sentiment analysis via journey map deliverables
- Wizard of Oz technique
- Card sorting – online and with actual cards!
- Desirability Testing with Microsoft Product Reaction Cards
- Persona creation, critique and implementation
- Competitive analyses and benchmarking
- Company-internal research brown bags to empower and mentor colleagues and evangelize user-centered design processes across the organization.